Scholarships for GLoCALL2019 Conference, Danang, Vietnam.
(August 8-10, 2019)
The GLoCALL Conference will be organized jointly with VietCALL at the University of Danang, in Danang, Vietnam. The conference will be held from 8-10 August 2019.
Funding for two full scholarships and two partial scholarships to attend this prestigious and stimulating conference are available for Junior Scholars. Those wishing to apply should have a keen interest in CALL and feel they have something innovative and exciting to share at the conference.
Please take note of the following terms and conditions:
The scholarships are offered to Junior Scholars who are working closely with CALL and who need financial support to attend the conference.
Previous recipients of GLoCall Scholarships are NOT eligible to apply again.
The Scholarship awards provide the following:
Two Full Scholarships
- Claims for the cheapest economy class flight tickets and not exceeding USD500 per person
- Accommodation at the conference hotel on a twin-sharing basis.
- Exemption from registration fees
Two Partial Scholarships
- Accommodation at the conference hotel on a twin-sharing basis
- Exemption from registration fees
Conditions of eligibility
- applicants must show proof of a presentation submission to the GLoCALL 2018 program committee.
applicants must be a native of a country that is NOT classified by the World Bank as a "High Income Economy". This includes countries whose GNI (Gross National Income) is 12,230 (USD) or greater.
Here is the full list of "High Income Economy" countries:
Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Cayman Islands, Channel Islands, Chile, Curacao, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, French Polynesia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Guam, Hong Kong SAR, China, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Rep., Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao SAR, China, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Oman, Palau, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Seychelles, Singapore, Sint Maarten (Dutch part), Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Martin (French part), Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan*, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Virgin Islands (U.S.)
* Not a World Bank member economy, so added based on other indicators.
- successful applicants must be willing to take part in events held at the conference, if asked to do so.
The application form has been created in Google Drive. You will need a Google account (free) in order to apply. Your Google account name may be your email address on another mail service.
The following documents are required from all applicants:
- Curriculum Vitae
A curriculum vitae (CV) which lists your personal background, education, employment, a list of any publications and oral presentations and any previous awards or scholarships that you might have received.
- Statement of Purpose
A Statement of Purpose that specifies firstly your current area of interest in CALL and educational technology for language learning. This should summarize your contributions to the field and how you hope to benefit from attending at GloCALL 2019. Posts should be approximately 500 words in length.
- Two letters of recommendation
Two letters of recommendation from trusted referees, to be uploaded to the google form.
- Please inform each recommender that the subject line should read: Recommendation
- The letters should have the full position and contact details including email addresses for each referee.
- At least one recommendation should come from someone who has recently worked closely with you and who is familiar with your efforts in CALL and Information technology.
- The committee prefers recommendations that come from different sources, rather than all from the applicant's current educational institution.
- Please be sure that the recommenders have sufficient time to prepare your recommendation by the submission deadline. Late recommendations will not be accepted and you will be disqualified.
- A recent photo
A recent photo of yourself, to be used in the conference program if you are selected
- The google form may ask you to do a puzzle or quiz to confirm you are not a robot.
- Although there may be a delay, you will receive an automatic confirmation from the google form notifying you of your submission.
- The automatic confirmation wil be sent by email from email@example.com
- You may edit your submission up to the deadline date.
- March 31, 2019: Deadline for Scholarship Applications - including the receipt of all CVs and references
- May 1, 2019: Notification of Scholarship Decisions
Scholarship Selection Committee:
- Matthew Cotter: Hokusei Gakuen University Japan – Head
- Dr Lee Kok Yueh: Universiti Teknologi Brunei, Brunei – Deputy Head
- Other undisclosed members including past scholarship recipients
Please address any queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org